Monroe Street is located near Camp Randall Stadium (Go Badgers!) and is a great walkable street with many local businesses. Here are some worth a visit.
A great place to relax with a cup of tea with friends, as well as purchase great art work with a doggy theme by Dave Nielsen.
A brand-new candle store with candle-making supplies and finished candles for sale. Also classes to learn how to make your own. Owner Lyschel Bersch will make your candle experience fun and personal. Stop on by, new scents are in development all the time. Did I hear you say “Chocolate candle?” This is a candle store with a cause, a portion of their proceeds goes towards saving the habitat of the Karner Blue Butterfly.
A long-established store of nearly 40 years, this store specializes in unique kitchen items like cookware and tools, plus many other items for the home. Great gift ideas here.
4. Pizza Brutta
A great place for wood-fired pizza, we have eaten there several times.
Another brand-new business on Monroe street, specializing in books for the mystery fan.
This store is the best one if you are still playing records. They have over 100 needles available, as well as 40 years of expertise to help you have the best entertainment center possible!
7. Trader Joes
This is the only one in Madison, great store!
They take care of your picture framing needs. This is their 30th year!
These are just some of the great businesses on Monroe street. For a more relaxing shopping experience outside of the malls, this is your destination!
- Downtown Madison Celebrates Christmas (lauriesportraits.wordpress.com)
- Week 6: How Surveys, Case Studies and Observations Led to Karner Blue Educational Center (jagwen13.wordpress.com)
- A Craft in the Life: Christmas Candles! (athompson1525.wordpress.com)
- Iggy Pup Surgery Fund Art Auction at Macha Tea Lounge and Gallery (lauriesportraits.wordpress.com)
- DIY: Christmas Candles (eternallyanchored.wordpress.com)
- Shop Monroe Street in Madison, WI
- Monroe Street Food Tour
- Visit Madison