This has been a December tradition at Olbrich Botanical Gardens for years. Their Holiday Express event is a fundraiser that is fun for the whole family! When you walk in the door, you see a Christmas wonderland!
Turn right to find the Atrium, where all the fun is!
This year the displays resembles the game “Candy Land” . Amidst the displays are model trains contributed and set up by the Wisconsin Garden Railway Society. There are two trains on separate tracks. Great job everyone!
Lets see the train in action!
Some of the other scenery..
Here is the other train!
After enjoying trains, your adult admission of $3.00 includes a visit to the Boltz Conservatory as well.
It’s not just plants in here, birds live here also. There are Canaries, Finches, doves and Quail.
I had a very enjoyable visit on a cold winter day. You will too.
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison (lauriesportraits.wordpress.com)
- America’s 10 Most Hospitable Cities (buzzfeed.com)
- Fiber Art at Olbrich Botanical Gardens (lisabinkley.typepad.com)
- Vintage organ and enhanced train display among the festivities at “Holidays at McKee” (insidevero.com)
- Botanical Gardens Lightshow (calgough.wordpress.com)
- Christmas In Bloom At Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden (k1047.cbslocal.com)
- Missouri Botanical Garden Glow (visitmo.com)